Transferring Credits

Bachelor of Science in Labor Studies | Rutgers at Mercer County Community College

For students interested in transferring into the Bachelor of Science in Labor and Employment Relations program at Rutgers-Mercer, completion of the following Mercer County Community College course is recommendedbut not required before enrollment:

  • SOC 101 (Intro to Sociology)

The above course should be completed as part of or in addition to an Associate Degree program. Completion of an Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree is required to be considered for admission.

Students may transfer up to 60 credits from a community college to Rutgers University and must receive a grade of C or better for a course to be transferred in. Students may transfer up to 90 credits from a four-year university or college and community college combined.

Courses for the Labor Studies degree at Rutgers-Mercer are a combination of courses taught in class on the Mercer campus and online courses. Students interested in transferring into this program should be comfortable with taking some online courses.

To apply for admission, please visit