Transferring Credits

Bachelor of Arts in Political Science | Rutgers at Mercer County Community College

For students interested in transferring into the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at Rutgers-Mercer, completion of the following College courses is highly recommended before enrollment:

  • •POL 101 (American Government) or POL 203 (Law and Politics)

  • •POL 201 (International Relations

The above courses should be completed as part of or in addition to an Associate Degree program. Completion of an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree is required to be considered for admission. Students with an AAS or other degrees may not be eligible for this program and should consult with the Manager of Academic Programs at Rutgers-Mercer before applying.

Students may transfer up to 60 credits from a community college to Rutgers University and must receive a grade of C or better for a course to transfer. Students who have not completed all of the above courses may be still considered for admission but should consult with a Rutgers advisor prior to submitting an application.

A minor is required for this program.

Courses for the Political Science degree at Rutgers-Mercer are a combination of courses taught in-class on the Mercer campus and online courses. Students interested in transferring into this program should be comfortable with taking some online courses.

For additional information, visit our website

To apply for admission, please visit

Convenient. Cost-effective. Connected to your Community. That's Rutgers Statewide.

Request Info