The following list of questions addresses general information about Rutgers Statewide and specific information about Rutgers Statewide.

Notice: Undefined index: category_headline in /srv/bindings/7e26e3ed9eb4491081bc022d20ab9b9c/code/wp-content/themes/Rutgers-DOCS/FAQ.php on line 38

Where are Rutgers Statewide degree programs available?

Rutgers Statewide, managed by the Division of Continuing Studies, makes it possible for you to earn your Rutgers BA degree or BS degree at one of six partnership community college sites around the state. Rutgers Statewide partnership locations include Atlantic Cape Community College, Brookdale Community College, Camden County College, Mercer County Community College, County College of Morris and Raritan Valley Community College.


What undergraduate degree programs do you offer?

There are over a dozen undergraduate majors available. Rutgers Statewide programs vary by location.


Do you offer any graduate programs through Rutgers Statewide?

We offer a Master of Social Work for Professionals at Atlantic Cape Community College site.


Is financial aid available?

Yes, financial aid is available to students attending Rutgers Statewide at a partnership community college site. To apply for federal student aid, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 for fall admission or October 1 for spring admission. If you have questions, access online help, ask your school counselor or contact us.

Rutgers Federal School Code: 002629
Address: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 620 George Street, New Brunswick NJ 08901-1175


Are the courses taught by Rutgers faculty?

Yes, courses that you take through the Rutgers Statewide program are taught by Rutgers faculty.


Do you offer full-time and part-time programs?

You can complete most undergraduate degree programs at your own pace with the exception of the full-time undergraduate Social Work program. Evening and weekend classes are available, depending on the program and location.


Is there a minimum number of credits that I must take every semester?

You can complete most degree programs at your own pace.


Do you offer online courses?

Yes, there are online components, depending on the particular program and course.


Can I take a course offered at a main Rutgers campus?

Undergraduate students are granted permission to take courses at a main campus on a case-by-case basis, as decided by the manager of academic programs at your location of choice.


What should I do if the major I'm interested in is not offered through Rutgers Statewide?

We recommend you visit rutgers.edu to see if the program you are interested in is available at one of the main Rutgers campuses.


Do I have to complete my associate degree before I can apply through Rutgers Statewide?

The number of credits required before you apply depends on the degree you select and the level of courses you have taken. Select degree programs require the completion of an associate degree. We strongly encourage all students to complete an associate of arts or associate of science degree before transferring. Speak with the academic manager at your selected location for further clarification.


If I have 60+ credits from another university or a community college, can I apply to Rutgers through Rutgers Statewide?

For select degree programs, yes, you can take the next step and apply. Consult with the academic manager at your location first.


Is there a certain GPA that I have to maintain in order to apply?

To discuss this question, please contact the academic manager at the off campus location that you are interested in, or Rutgers University admissions.


If I apply and am accepted into the Rutgers Statewide program, am I considered a Rutgers student?

Yes. Once you apply and are accepted, you are a full-fledged Rutgers student. You take regular Rutgers classes taught by Rutgers faculty. Once you complete your degree program, you earn a Rutgers diploma.


Can I speak with an academic manager about transferring to Rutgers through Rutgers Statewide while I am completing my associate degree?

Yes, you can speak with an academic manager at your community college about transferring at any time while you are completing your associate degree.


When do you accept applications and what are the deadlines?

The timelines for when to apply and when you will receive a decision are based on where your program is located.


What happens if I'm not accepted?

You should speak with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to discuss your application and get their recommendations on how you can improve your chances for acceptance in a future semester.


What services are offered at the partnership community college sites?

Each location offers personalized, on-site academic advising and enrollment consultation as well as access to the Rutgers University library system. As a Rutgers student, you can continue to take advantage of select services offered at your community college site.


Are the tuition and fees the same as those charged by the main Rutgers campuses?

Generally, the tuition is comparable, but the fees may vary. Many students save money by reducing commuting costs and/or housing costs associated with living on campus.


Am I eligible to use the facilities at Rutgers-Camden, Rutgers-Newark and Rutgers-New Brunswick?

Yes. You will receive a Rutgers identification card as well as a Net ID which provides you with access to select Rutgers facilities, including the library system, computer labs, gyms, etc. If you have a specific eligibility request, check with the academic manager at your selected location.


Does a degree from Rutgers Statewide have the same value as a Rutgers University degree?

Absolutely, a degree from Rutgers University holds the same value regardless of where it was achieved. You will receive the same degree as those graduating from one of the main campuses.


Is there a commencement ceremony for Rutgers Statewide students?

Yes, and additionally, you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony located at the main Rutgers campus from which your program originates.


What is the policy if I have to take time off from pursuing my degree?

If you need to withdraw from the University while completing your degree, Rutgers University policy applies. You can speak with the academic manager at your selected location for more information.


What is the policy if I want to transfer to one of the main Rutgers campuses?

While it is possible to apply to transfer internally at Rutgers, we do not generally recommend it for students considering a Rutgers Statewide degree program. You should consult with your academic manager before applying if you wish to attend another Rutgers location in the future.


What are the benefits of being a Rutgers student through the Rutgers Statewide program?

Avoid the cost and time of commuting to a distant campus; save the room and board costs associated with living on campus; enjoy small class sizes and ready access to faculty members; benefit from one-on-one academic advising and enrollment consultation by dedicated Rutgers Statewide staff as well as access to the Rutgers University library system; and graduate with a prestigious Rutgers degree, joining a powerful network of more than 480,000 Rutgers alumni.


Can I double major as an undergraduate?

Speak with the academic manager at your selected location to determine if this is possible.


Couldn't find an answer to your question?

If your question still hasn't been answered, head over to our Contact Page and submit a question and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact Us

Convenient. Cost-effective. Connected to your Community. That's Rutgers Statewide.

Request Info