Why Choose Rutgers at Brookdale Community College?
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, has partnered with Brookdale Community College to offer baccalaureate degree completion programs right here in Lincroft.
Why Rutgers at Brookdale
• World renowned: Earn your accredited degree from a premier research university with an alumni network that spans the country and the globe.
• Accessible: You can earn a bachelor’s degree from your state university close to home.
• Affordable: Financial Aid packages are available for many students. Simply complete the FAFSA application when transferring. As a NJ resident, you can save over $10,000 per year full-time at Rutgers compared to what out-of-state students pay for tuition.
• Flexible: Rutgers Statewide degrees can be completed with a combination of daytime, evening, in-person, hybrid and online classes.
• Within your reach: Rutgers has brought select degrees to Brookdale Community College, making degree completion much easier to fit into your already active life.
History of Rutgers Statewide Program
Rutgers Statewide, originally known as Rutgers Off-Campus Degree Completion Programs, launched its first partnership program in 1998 at Brookdale Community College. The program was developed in accordance with the recommendations presented to the N.J. Commission on Higher Education by the Blue-Ribbon Task Force on the Capacity of New Jersey’s Higher Education System. Their study, called for by the Higher Education Restructuring Act of 1994, found that the state’s northwest, southwest, and coastal regions were lacking in access to post-secondary degree programs. Rutgers Statewide addresses this need, enabling thousands of students to complete undergraduate degrees in one of over a dozen majors locally. Rutgers students pursue their educational goals at six community college partnership sites:
Rutgers at Atlantic Cape Community College
Rutgers at Brookdale Community College
Rutgers at Camden County College
Rutgers at Mercer County Community College
Rutgers at County College of Morris
Rutgers at Raritan Valley Community College
Convenient. Cost-effective. Connected to your Community. That's Rutgers Statewide.