What is Rutgers Statewide?
Rutgers University makes it convenient for you to pursue your educational goals by providing you access to an exceptional education at one of six community college partnership sites
Why Rutgers Statewide
• World renowned: Earn your accredited degree from a premier research university with an alumni network that spans the country and the globe.
• Accessible: You can earn a bachelor’s degree from your state university close to home.
• Affordable: Financial Aid packages are available for many students. Simply complete the FAFSA application when transferring. As a NJ resident, you can save over $10,000 per year full-time at Rutgers compared to what out-of-state students pay for tuition.
• Flexible: Rutgers Statewide degrees can be completed with a combination of daytime, evening, in-person, hybrid and online classes.
• Within your reach: Rutgers has brought select degrees to Brookdale Community College, making degree completion much easier to fit into your already active life.
Why Rutgers Statewide?
• Avoid the cost and time of commuting to a distant campus.
• Save the room and board costs associated with living on campus.
• Enjoy small class sizes and ready access to faculty members.
• Benefit from one-on-one academic advising and enrollment consultation by dedicated Rutgers staff as well as computer labs and access to the Rutgers University library system.
• Graduate with a prestigious Rutgers degree, joining a powerful network of more than 480,000 Rutgers alumni.
How it Works
• Earn an associate degree from an accredited community college.
• Create your undergraduate student admissions account, see how to apply to Rutgers Statewide as a transfer student with junior status, explore required credentials and preview the undergraduate admissions transfer application.
• Choose a program at a Rutgers Statewide partnership site. Undergraduate courses leading to a BA degree or BS degree vary by location. We also offer a Master of Social Work for Professionals program at Brookdale Community College.
• Attend Rutgers courses, taught by Rutgers faculty, at a partner community college site in conjunction with some online components. Full-time or part-time with daytime and evening options are available. Travel to Rutgers-Camden, Rutgers-Newark or Rutgers-New Brunswick is not required.
History of Rutgers Statewide Program
Rutgers Statewide, originally known as Rutgers Off-Campus Degree Completion Programs, launched its first partnership program in 1998 at Brookdale Community College. The program was developed in accordance with the recommendations presented to the N.J. Commission on Higher Education by the Blue-Ribbon Task Force on the Capacity of New Jersey’s Higher Education System. Their study, called for by the Higher Education Restructuring Act of 1994, found that the state’s northwest, southwest, and coastal regions were lacking in access to post-secondary degree programs. Rutgers Statewide addresses this need, enabling thousands of students to complete undergraduate degrees in one of over a dozen majors locally. Rutgers students pursue their educational goals at six community college partnership sites:
Rutgers at Atlantic Cape Community College
Rutgers at Brookdale Community College
Rutgers at Camden County College
Rutgers at Mercer County Community College
Rutgers at County College of Morris
Rutgers at Raritan Valley Community College
Convenient. Cost-effective. Connected to your Community. That's Rutgers Statewide.